Your home network might already contain some devices or systems like a home server, a WiFi router, a media player, or home automation system. It is a best practice creating a central syslog server and storing logs of various sources in one place.
In this post I will show you the way of creating a central syslog server and comply with use cases like:
- Storing local logs of host operating system,
- Storing logs from OpenWRT based network devices,
- Parsing Fail2ban logs to get GeoIP data,
- To logging Docker to Elasticsearch,
- And possibly visualizing Fail2ban logs in Kibana.